Mission & Goals
The Mitchell Area Chamber of Commerce will work to strengthen our mission to provide leadership to unify community action that enhances the business environment and the quality of life of the Mitchell area by implementing the following key priorities in the 2014-2015 fiscal year:
Member EngagementStrengthen our relationships with members by increasing interaction, communications and providing education on issues affecting members.
- Implement advanced communication methods to include: text alerts, Chamber app, online event registration and payment, & reactive mobile sites;
- Advance membership relations through attendance at members events and chamber events;
- Visit with members to determine their business needs from the Chamber;
- Explore Membership & Marketing Manager position structure and funding;
- Frame Bundle-up program to ensure value added benefits and member engagement.
Leadership DevelopmentDevelop programs that inform and cultivate the next generation of Chamber and community leaders.
- Promote involvement among Chamber member business employees at Chamber events;
- Recruit board participation from underserved sectors of the membership;
- Encourage committee participation from board member businesses;
- Mentor network of young professionals;
- Provide learning and training opportunities to bolster business.
Organization EnhancementEvaluate current and potential Chamber events, programs, and committees to meet the needs of membership.
- Foster a revitalized vision and mission for the Chamber;
- Build Chamber image within the community;
- Implement committee restructure program;
- Evaluate program of work events to ensure member value;
- Launch Chamber/Enterprise Division e-store;
- Evaluate Chamber Divisions missions, visions, and structures;
- Explore the need for Chamber/Gift Shop building appearance update;
- Assess best use of Happy Chef property in terms of Development/ Chamber/CVB.
Advocate community successes; supporting issues and opportunities that improve our community’s quality of life to further the growth and development of our area.
- Champion community image initiatives;
- Assist in the development of a community brand;
- Continue to support Corn Palace Area Development;
- Assist businesses in workforce recruitment and development;
- Continue cross-community/organizational efforts to ensure growth and development;
- Collaborate with Mitchell Main Street & Beyond.