Mission & Goals
The Mitchell Area Chamber of Commerce will work to strengthen our mission to provide leadership to unify community action that enhances the business environment and the quality of life of the Mitchell area by implementing the following key priorities in 2013:
Continue to strengthen our relationships with members by increasing interaction, communications and providing education on issues affecting members.
- Visit with members to determine needs and their ideas for the Chamber and community;
- Complete new Chamber website;
- Update member profiles within new Chamber management software;
- Evaluate and update member benefits;
- Develop new membership materials.
Continue to develop programs that inform and cultivate the next generation of Chamber and community leaders.
- Recruit board and committee participation from underserved sectors of the membership;
- Mentor network of young professionals;
- Continue to enhance the Leadership Mitchell program;
- Re-engage Leadership Mitchell Area alum.
Continue to evaluate current and potential Chamber events, programs, and committees to meet the needs of membership.
- Evaluate committees missions and programs of work;
- Continue to assess individual Chamber events;
- Review and update organization by-laws and mission statement.
Advocate our community’s successes while supporting issues and opportunities that improve our community’s quality of life to further the growth and development of our area.
- Support Corn Palace Area Development;
- Assist businesses in workforce recruitment and development;
- Continue cross-community/organizational efforts to ensure growth and development.