We invite you to join us for all the events the Chamber hosts throughout the year.
- Ag in the Classroom. Ag-in-the-Classroom is offered to 4th graders from Mitchell and area schools. This event is held at the Davison County 4-H Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall, where students learn about farm animals such as cattle, horses, sheep, goats and pigs. In addition to the animals, they also learn about soil, crops and the importance of safety around electricity and farm machinery.
- Dakotafest. Dakotafest takes place the third week of August at the Schlaffman Farm in Mitchell, SD. As the premiere agricultural event in South Dakota, Dakotafest provides both exhibitors and attendees with all their farming and ranching needs over the course of the three-day show. The event is produced by IDEAg Group, LLC. and hosts over 500 local and leading exhibitors in the agriculture industry on more than 1.2 million square feet of land! Dakotafest is the largest farm show in the South Dakota region and brings dynamic segments and entertaining events, which are sure to entice and excite both exhibitors and attendees.
- Women’s Brunch. The Women’s Brunch, an event held in conjunction with Dakotafest, gives women the opportunity to get together with friends and relax with some motivational entertainment. Last year over 400 women were in attendance!
- Chamber Golf Classic: Members enjoy a day of golf while doing business on the green. Typically held in June; 2-person teams with a shot gun start.
- Chamber Mix & Mingle: These networking events bring together an average of 175 people to celebrate your business. Limited to 6 per year, this event offers a great networking opportunity for you to spread the word about your business.
- Ribbon Cutting & Ground Breakings: Increase visibility of new or expanding businesses. Provided to members free, these events also provide extra business exposure and Chamber media coverage.
- Lunch & Learns: These professionally conducted and informative seminars are offered throughout the year, assisting businesses in becoming more successful by addressing “How To” topics and issues affecting businesses in particular.
- Cracker Barrel Sessions. Members enjoy afternoon sessions discussing key legislation with local legislators during the legislative session. These sessions provide an excellent opportunity to stay informed of bills that impact area businesses and farmers.
- Leadership Mitchell. Leadership Mitchell is a leadership development program for any citizen of the Mitchell area and is designed to identify opportunities and prepare participants to develop personal and professional skills, to identify opportunities and prepare participants for future service and leadership, to help existing leaders sharpen their leadership skills, and to motivate individuals to take an active role in community affairs.
- Legislative Preview, Review, and Forums. Events provide a discussion of important business issues to be addressed during the South Dakota Legislative session.