ENL Personnel Responsibilities
ENL personnel, employed by the Mitchell School District, should carry
out their responsibilities according to the program procedures included in this guide.
- Maintain student cumulative (LAPs, Home Language Surveys, monitoring language
acquisition growth forms, and ACCESS data)
- Review Home Language Surveys to indicate ENL screening assessment.
- Administer Access Screener and ACCESS language acquisition assessments.
- Ensure that all ELLS participate in the alternate or system-wide assessment with or
- Meet with team (parents, ENL personnel, core teachers, administrators) to determine
ENL services and Language Acquisition plans.
- Provide input for grade promotion or retention of ELLs.
- Provide ENL program information to school personnel, parents, and community
- Provide and explain to core/content teachers the annual ACCESS data.
- Act as an advocate to further the education of the ELLs and program.
- Encourage and facilitate parental involvement meetings/activities.
- Compile ENL records for a student’s withdrawal packet.
- Supervise assigned para-educator(s).
- Schedule transition meetings during the 4th quarter of the school year.
- Attend all ENL staff meetings and other relevant meetings.
- Utilize district curriculum to supplement instruction.
- Collaborate with and support general education teachers to ensure that ELL is acquiring the necessary academic language to meet grade level content standards.
- Incorporate technology into instructional planning and delivery.
- Assess student progress regularly and adjust instruction accordingly.
- Inform student, teachers, and parents about student progress.
- Formally report student progress quarterly.