We are currently seeking a positive, customer service minded individual to join our team as a Cook. As a Cook at Edgewood you'll play an integral role in serving up joy, fulfillment and smiles to our residents each day, three times a day! Who doesn't enjoy creating and serving a delicious meal and being recognized for your talents in the kitchen?
*shifts would be mainly 10am-6pm and 6am-2pm every other weekend.
Join a team that puts HEART into everything we do! We CARE from the heart, SERVE from the heart and OPEN our hearts to the residents, families and teammates we support each day. Enjoy all of this, in a fun, fast-paced environment, plus opportunities for professional development!
- Kitchen closes at 7pm daily
- We pay for Serv Safe Certification
- Pay starts at $13.50 per hour
Learn to cook and bake recipes from scratch ingredients! As a Cook you would be responsible for the preparation of attractive, nutritious and well balanced meals in accordance with sanitary standards and recognized food servicing standards. You will assist in achieving budget goals, inventory management and cleanliness of all food service areas. Candidates should have basic comfort level in food prep, handling and safety precautions.
Responsibilities of the Cook position include but are not limited to:
- Performs daily household duties, responsible for the general cleanliness of the kitchen and food storage areas.
- Understands food operations within a defined budget
- Understands universal precautions of food safety (meal temps) and infection control protocols. Assists building in maintaining & following health code regulations.
- May assist in the inventory and ordering/purchasing food & supplies.
- Maintaining appropriate meal schedule for multiple meals served daily (24/7). Has active knowledge of monthly meal planning.
- Participates/attends staff meetings and training sessions, as directed
- Effective communication & teamwork is expected.
You would be a great addition to our team if you possess the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED minimum.
- A desire to continue learning and improving your skill set.
- Passion and drive for helping others.
At Edgewood, vaccinations are a choice.
We offer a competitive salary along with benefits packages for qualifying employees.
***Edgewood maintains a drug-free work environment and offers of employment are contingent upon successfully completing and passing a drug/alcohol test and a background check.