Join an excellent team of dental professionals with a schedule of Monday - Thursday 7:30am - 5:15pm (hours negotiable). This position will provide a vital support role in our mission of changing lives through modern dentistry and better overall health. You will help with chairside dentistry, Invisalign, cerec crowns, itero scans, emergencies, sleep medicine, sterilization, room turnover, and anywhere else as needed, and this position will offer a variety of meaningful work with a great group of people in a patient-centered, fast-paced environment.
Skills for succeeding at this position:
- Communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Growth mindset
- Desire to be useful, provide value, and make a difference
About Hart Dental
Hart Dental is a modern practice in a beautiful facility and we are passionate about changing patients’ lives through our top-level comprehensive dentistry. We invite you to view our website www.hart-dental.com. Our clinical team has 9 ops to work out of with big north-facing windows with a calming view, to maximize our ability to provide the best care. Everything is centered around providing a 5-star patient experience, utilizing instrument cassettes, digital images, the Itero scanner and Intraoral cameras, keeping instruments in top condition, ongoing training and development, and prioritizing a great team environment.
We believe in providing our team with an environment to deliver the best patient care while providing the benefits and flexible work-life balance you deserve.
This includes free continuing education classes, peer mentoring and coaching, training, and co-workers that recognize your dedication. We also offer career growth opportunities for those wanting to grow beyond clinical.
Position Summary: Under Direct and Indirect Supervision, the chair-side assistant will assist the Dentist, Dental Hygienist, and Dental Assistants in both administrative and clinical duties. Provide patient and practice support services; including, but not limited to, personal assistance, medical attention, and emotional support.
- Escort Patients to chair and answer any general questions or forward Patient questions or concerns to Practice Dentist when necessary.
- Timely prepare treatment area by sterilizing, positioning, and delivering instruments for dentist’s access.
- Actively provide hand instruments and materials to Dentist, Hygienist, or Dental assistants, as needed, during exams and procedures in order to help maintain patient comfort and Dentist’s efficiency.
- Using and maintaining hazard control protocols as established by OSHA and office standards.
- Assist with confirming appointments, collecting patient payments, preparing billing, Processing insurance forms, reception duties, and scheduling patients for procedures when needed.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner.
- Must maintain regular, consistent, and punctual attendance in accordance with assigned schedule and time off policies.
- Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments.
- Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order for you to participate in continuing education or seminars.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards.
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
- Adhere to office policy and procedures when collecting payments.
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and smells that may be unpleasant.
- Must be detail-oriented in order to work efficiently in small spaces and maintain patient comfort.
- You must be flexible and understand that your job duties may change from time to time and that you may be asked to “help out” in other areas of the office.
- Must excel in forward-thinking in order to anticipate the needs of the doctor as well as the patient.
- Must demonstrate active listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must demonstrate good reading comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills - Talking to others to convey information effectively and thorough documentation in the patient's chart.
Job Type: Full-time