If helping youth and families heal energizes you then working as an Abbott House therapist is a perfect fit. At Abbott House, therapists lead the individualized interdisciplinary treatment program every child receives. As a therapist you will spend your time working with young people and their families extensively because your work plays an integral role in the healing process.
- Social work with a masters’ degree from an accredited program of social work preferable but willing to work with you towards a masters’ degree.
- Other advanced degrees, such as LPC, LCP-MH, LMFT, with clinical training and experience, qualified according to the requirement of licensure in that discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree needed preferably in Human Services, Social Work or a related field.
- Experience preferred but with the right candidate and an openness to learn from others all applicants will be considered.
- Provide individual and family therapy services for residents in need of psychotherapeutic sessions.
- Facilitate special group therapy programs for residents.
- Participate in and complete assessments and evaluations of clients, complete the therapeutic sections of the treatment plan and necessary follow-up approvals.
- Participate in regular assessment and treatment planning meetings to monitor every child’s progress.
- Work with Program and Clinical Director to create a healthy environment that works collaboratively with therapeutic techniques.