Objective of Position: The Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting designated projects. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
- Maintain affirmative action and Veterans data; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; monitors career-pathing program and writes and places advertisements.
- Audit weekly timecards for exceptions.
- Audit data entries within HRIS for accuracy.
- Audit and track perfect attendance program annually for eligibility and accuracy.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Maintains company organization charts
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Provides clerical duties for Human Resources and other departments as needed, including copying, typing and distribution of correspondence.
- May serve as backup to conduct orientation of new employees and explains company policies, benefits and procedures.
- Processes, verifies and maintains personnel related documentation including but not limited to: W-4.
- Enters and updates employee data in payroll database including addresses, status changes, payroll changes and benefit contributions.
- Responds quickly and thoroughly to employee questions concerning benefits and questions concerning proper processing of benefit claims, while adhering to all HIPAA privacy requirements.
- Runs, distributes to supervisors, and tracks annual performance evaluations.
- Logs promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- Process job postings and distribute the results of postings to appropriate supervisors.
- Serves as backup for west plant receptionists. When receptionist is not present, answers phone, directs calls, takes messages, directs walk in traffic and distributes mail as it is received from east plant.
- Assists with planning and scheduling of employee functions. Assumes additional responsibilities as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
- Ability to maintain confidential information as related to the human resources functions.
- Must be a high school graduate and have 1-2 years of Human Resource Experience or combination of related experience.
- Must have above average interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with both employees and management staff. Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must have above average level of Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants, employees and the public.
- Must have the flexibility to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and manage complex assignments.
- Ability to function effectively in a sometimes-hectic environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to work up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to sit for long periods, stand, and walk and climb stairs as necessary.
- Must use necessary PPE to enter manufacturing area.
- Occasional lifting of 10 to 40 pounds.
HIPAA Privacy Training and Sanctions: All employees who have access to health information that is protected by the HIPAA Privacy Rule are required by the Rule to receive training so that they have an understanding and knowledge of the Privacy Rule that corresponds to their job responsibilities and of the group health plan’s policies and procedures that impact their job duties. Training on the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule and the plan’s health information policies and procedures are under the direction of the plan privacy officer. Employees who violate the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Rule will be subject to discipline, up to and including termination.
This position profile describes the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Furthermore, this position profile does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
EOE F/M/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Disabled/Vet Employee
Drug Free Work Place