Machine Operators Program and operate the Shear, Punch and Form Endplate machines, for the purpose of producing endplates as specified in the work order instructions.
Tasks and ResponsibilitiesJob Qualifications
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Use the computer to retrieve the needed blueprints, and program the machine with that information.
- Load the shear, punch and form machines with the aluminum raw material.
- Operate a maximum of three shear, punch and form machines by use of a foot pedal.
- Document, label and store the endplates after they have been made.
- Make simple setup adjustments to the machines as needed.
- Make inspections of the blade and belt as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the machine as needed.
- Do tolerance checks required by work instructions.
- Meet the production quotas that were received from the Lead or Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Report any issues to the Supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
- Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift.
- Must be able to walk (100%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (100%) of the time.
- Must be able to use a pallet jack and a chain hoist.
- Must wear safety equipment PPE such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses and gloves.