Material Handlers – Shipping Department Assist the Shipping and Receiving departments by transporting parts and finished products to designated areas.
Tasks and ResponsibilitiesReports to: Supervisor
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Use the forklift to organize and store parts in designated areas.
- Use the forklift to assist with unloading trucks that come to the Receiving department.
- Assist in locating and retrieving parts for employees, as requested.
- Assist in storing finished cooling packages that are completed prior to the date of shipment.
- Assist in preparing cooling packages for shipment. Band, wrap and bolt the finished cooling packages to the skid.
- Use the forklift to load trucks that are in transit to the storage facility, and as needed, assist with loading other trucks that arrive to the Shipping department.
- Package parts that were not needed in Final Assembly, and return those to the suppliers.
- Use the saw to build wooden skids, as needed.
- Report any issues to the Supervisor, or appropriate personnel, as soon as detected.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and/or requirements set forth in AKG’s environmental management system (EMS).
- Regular physical attendance is a requirement for this position. Refer to AKG attendance policy in the Information Handbook for Employees.
- Ability to use a forklift, and has a current forklift certification.
- Ability to use basic computer programs
- Must be available and able to work the agreed upon shift.
- Must be able to sit (20%) and stand (80%) of the time. May also be required to bend, stoop, pull, push, twist and turn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs (5%) of the time.
- Must be able to use pallet jack, chain hoist, saw, band cutter and a crowbar.