Objective of Position: Assist in repairs and modifications to trucks and trailers.
- Adheres to all safety rules and regulations.
- Performs flat and vertical welds in a commendable manner.
- Performs horizontal and overhead welds in a satisfactory manner.
- Operates a torch, handheld plasma and air arc in a satisfactory manner.
- Reads and understands blueprints.
- Assists Service Technicians II and III in repairing trailers.
- Performs minimal assembly procedures successfully.
Performs other duties on assigned trailer or truck with direction.
Position Qualifications: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position qualifications
- Minimum 1 year weld certificate from post-secondary or technical institute or weld experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to use measuring tools and devices accurately.
- Ability to apply basic math skills with addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Have a positive attitude, good work ethic and ability to work with others.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to dust, fumes and is near moving machinery.
This position profile describes the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Furthermore, this position profile does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer
EOE F/M/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Disabled/Vet Employer
Drug Free Work Place