Chamber Feature Events by Committee
- Ag in the Classroom. Ag-in-the-Classroom is offered to 4th graders from Mitchell and area schools. This event is held at the Davison County 4-H Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall, where students learn about farm animals such as, dairy, beef, horses, sheep, and pigs. In addition to the animals, they also learn about the soil, crops and the importance of safety around electricity and farm machinery.
- Dakotafest takes place the third week of August at the Schlaffman Farm in Mitchell, SD. As the premiere agricultural event in South Dakota, Dakotafest provides both exhibitors and attendees with all their farming and ranching needs over the course of the three-day show. The event is produced by Cygnus Expositions and hosts over 500 local and leading exhibitors in the agriculture industry on more than 1.2 million square feet of land! Dakotafest is the largest farm show in the South Dakota region and brings dynamic segments and entertaining events, which are sure to entice and excite both exhibitors and attendees.
- DakotaFest Women’s Brunch. The DakotaFest Women’s Brunch, an event held in conjunction with DakotaFest, gives women the opportunity to get together with friends and relax with some motivational entertainment. Last year over 400 women were in attendance!
- Chamber Golf Classic: Members enjoy a day of golf while doing business on the green. Typically held the Friday after Memorial Day; 3-person teams with a shot gun start.
- Mix & Mingles: Members have the opportunity to host one of four Mix & Mingles held each year. These are great opportunities to showcase your business to fellow Chamber members, business associates, current customers, potential new customers, family and friends! Enjoy food and beverages provided by the hosting business.
- Health & Wellness Fair. The Annual Health and Wellness Fair, sponsored by the Mitchell Chamber Health Services Committee, draws up to 1,000 attendees each year and offers a variety of health screenings including full lipid profile, blood sugar, blood pressure, prostate screening, bone density, and blood typing. In addition, the Health & Wellness Fair offers a variety of children’s activities designed to promote physical activity, nutrition, and safety at home and at school.
- Cracker Barrel Sessions. Members enjoy Saturday morning discussing key legislation with local legislators during the legislative session. These sessions provide an excellent opportunity to stay informed of bills that impact area businesses and farmers.
- Leadership Mitchell. Leadership Mitchell is a leadership development program for any citizen of the Mitchell area and is designed to identify opportunities and prepare participants to develop personal and professional skills, to identify opportunities and prepare participants for future service and leadership, to help existing leaders sharpen their leadership skills, and to motivate individuals to take an active role in community affairs.
- Legislative Preview, Review, and Forums. Events provide a discussion of important business issues to be addressed during the upcoming session of the South Dakota Legislature and analyze the results of the Legislative session from a business perspective.
- My Biggest Break: Held each November at Logan Luxury Theatre. This is an opportunity to listen to two of Mitchell’s finest business leaders share their “Biggest Career Break” and Network with others.
- Build Mitchell Mentoring Program: The Mentoring Program connects ambitious young professionals with seasoned, high-level business leaders to support their professional and personal development.
- Mitchell Community Job Fair. The Mitchell Area Chamber of Commerce, Mitchell Technical Institute, and Mitchell School District partner together to make the Mitchell Community Job Fair happen. The goal of the Mitchell Community Job Fair is: 1-to provide employers a chance to talk wtih a significant group of qualified job candidates, 2-to provide valuable networking experience and potential employment opportunities for individuals in the community, and 3-to inform individuals in Mitchell and surrounding areas of the job opportunities Mitchell has available.