Mission & Goals
The Mitchell Area Chamber of Commerce will work to strengthen our mission to provide leadership to unify community action that enhances the business environment and the quality of life of the Mitchell area by implementing the following key priorities in the 2016-2017 fiscal year:
Strengthen our relationships with members by increasing interaction, communications and providing education on issues affecting members.
- Implement advanced communication methods to include: text alerts, Chamber app, online event registration and payment;
- Visit with members to determine their business needs from the Chamber;
- Commence Bundle-up program to ensure value added benefits and member engagement.
Develop programs that inform and cultivate the next generation of Chamber and community leaders.
- Promote involvement among Chamber member business employees at Chamber events;
- Mentor network of young professionals;
- Provide learning and training opportunities to bolster business.
Evaluate current and potential Chamber events, programs, and committees to meet the needs of membership.
- Analyze current vision and mission of the Chamber;
- Implement committee restructure program;
- Evaluate program of work events to ensure member value;
- Evaluate Chamber Divisions missions, visions, and structures;
Advocate community successes; communicate the quality and value of education & healthcare in Mitchell and the surrounding area; supporting issues and opportunities that improve our community’s quality of life to further the growth and development of our area.
- Implement community brand message;
- Continue to support Corn Palace Area Development;
- Assist businesses in workforce recruitment and development
- Continue cross-community/organizational efforts to ensure growth and development;
- Collaborate with Mitchell Main Street & Beyond.