Chamber Member Benefits
The Chamber offers many opportunities to supercharge your business.
Promote Your Business
- Business/Visitor Referral Service: Members are always referred first and foremost.
- Business Directory: All members are listed in the Membership Directory on this website.
- ChamberView: Each month this newsletter is distributed to every household that subscribes to The Daily Republic, reaching 25,000 readers. Affordable broad exposure advertising is available to members through display advertising.
- Monday Memo: A weekly update distributed via email to over 2,000 Chamber contacts every Monday. Two coupon spaces are available each week for members to promote their special occasions, sales, or other business events.
- Event Sponsorships: Your business name is prominently displayed and promoted, offering broader advertising exposure.
- Ribbon Cuttings & Ground Breaking: These ceremonies increase the visibility of new or expanding businesses.
- Website Advertising Opportunities: Increase your businesses advertising exposure.
- Calendar of Events: Member events are listed in the ChamberView, various websites and Chamber social media outlets.
- Membership Decal: The membership decal communicates good corporate citizenship and the importance of the Mitchell area business community.
- Mitchell Community & Visitor Guide: Members are especially noted in this guide. Distributed annually in various motels, campgrounds, restaurants, service stations, rest areas and in all convention, tourist and relocation packets.
Connect Your Business
- Chamber Mix & Mingle: These networking events bring together community business members to celebrate your business, limited to 4 events per year.
- Mitchell Day at the Legislature: Held each year during the Legislative session in Pierre at South Dakota’s State Capital.
- Cracker Barrel Sessions: Members enjoy Friday afternoon discussions on key legislation with local legislators during the SD State Legislative session.
- Candidate & Issue Forums: Participants hear from candidates running for local office or debating issues that affect the Mitchell area.
- Legislative Luncheons: Participates have the chance to hear from SD State Chamber President regarding issues from the pre- and post- Legislative session.
- Ag-in-the-Classroom: Offered to 4th graders from Mitchell and area schools. Students learn about farm animals, soil health, crops and the importance of safety around electricity and farm machinery.
- DakotaFest Women’s Brunch: Offers women the opportunity to get together with friends and relax over brunch with some motivational entertainment.
- Chamber Golf Classic: Members enjoy a day of golf while doing business on the green.
- Annual Banquet: Members have the opportunity to network with over 350 members and celebrate members success while enjoying dinner and entertainment.
- Leadership Mitchell: This program targets individuals who are actively seeking positive changes in response to civic, government, business and industry changes in the Mitchell Area by providing training in areas strategic to the well-being of our community.
- Mailing Labels: Members only have access to over 450 Chamber businesses with ready to use labels for a low fee of $50, or a business representatives list with over 1,100 contacts for $100; allowing you to develop a database of business prospects.
- Committees: Members may participate in any of our active and dynamic committees, covering a wide range of interests including Ag-Business, Governmental Affairs, or Connect Mitchell.
- Scam Alert Program: An email program to notify Chamber members of of potential scams in the community when initiated by the police department.
Enrich Your Business
- Business Training Workshops: These professionally conducted and informative seminars are offered through-out the year, assisting businesses in becoming more successful by addressing “How to” topics and issues affecting businesses in particular.
- Advocate for Business: The Chamber works to strengthen the local economy, create jobs and serve as a voice for business. We advocate for business on the local, regional, state and federal level by hosting public forums, meeting with legislators and congressional leaders.
- Small Business Counseling: Referrals to SBA business counseling with a Small Business Development Center representative by calling the Chamber at 605-996-5567.
For simply being a Chamber member, your return on investment will astonish you. Your business automatically receive all of the following benefits, no effort required.
- Business website directory listings, brochures displayed in Chamber office display racks, membership decal, monthly ChamberView newsletter, weekly Monday Memo e-newsletter, Scam Alert program, use of meeting room and equipment, tax deduction*, opportunity to promote your business through testimonials. (*consult your tax professional)
Imagine what your business can achieve by being ACTIVE.
- Certificates of Origin: Documentation necessary for overseas shipments – the Chamber provides this certification free.
- Resource Center: Information resources are available at the Chamber – examples includes community demographics, a community calendar, local and area phone directories, SBA publications, clubs and organization lists, major employers and industrial directory, local, area, state and national government contacts, local and state maps and statewide visitor information (SD Vacation guide).
- P.A. System: Chamber members have access to using our sound system with only a security deposit required.
- Notary Public Service: This necessary service is provided free as a courtesy of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Meeting Room: The Chamber offers its boardroom for use to Chamber members upon availability. Please call ahead to schedule.
For more information please contact Alex at email@example.com or call the Chamber at 605.996.5567.