We invite you to get involved and join one of our committees. Unite with other members to provide leadership and direction for the economic and social development of our community. Our partners benefit from the many programs and events held to promote their business and the business community-as-a-whole.
Statement of Purpose: To establish better agriculture/business relations, thus enhancing the image and economy of business in Mitchell. To recognize and educate local businesses the impact of agriculture on the Mitchell economy.
Ag Committee Programs:
- Ag in the Classroom. Ag-in-the-Classroom is offered to 4th graders from Mitchell and area schools. This event is held at the Davison County 4-H Fairgrounds Exhibit Hall, where students learn about farm animals such as, dairy, beef, horses, sheep, and pigs. In addition to the animals, they also learn about the soil, crops and the importance of safety around electricity and farm machinery.
- Dakotafest takes place the third week of August at the Schlaffman Farm in Mitchell, SD. As the premiere agricultural event in South Dakota, Dakotafest provides both exhibitors and attendees with all their farming and ranching needs over the course of the three-day show. The event is produced by Cygnus Expositions and hosts over 500 local and leading exhibitors in the agriculture industry on more than 1.2 million square feet of land! Dakotafest is the largest farm show in the South Dakota region and brings dynamic segments and entertaining events, which are sure to entice and excite both exhibitors and attendees.
- DakotaFest Women’s Brunch. The DakotaFest Women’s Brunch, an event held in conjunction with DakotaFest, gives women the opportunity to get together with friends and relax with some motivational entertainment. Last year over 400 women were in attendance!
Statement of Purpose: To assist at ground breaking/ribbon cuttings; add new members and retention of existing members.
- Chamber Golf Classic: Members enjoy a day of golf while doing business on the green. Typically held the first Friday in June; 3-person teams with a shot gun start.
- Chamber Mix & Mingle: These networking events bring together an average of 175 people to celebrate your business. Limited to 6 per year, this event offers a great networking opportunity for you to spread the word about your business.
- Ribbon Cutting & Ground Breakings: Increase visibility of new or expanding businesses. Provided to members free, these events also provide extra business exposure and Chamber media coverage.
Statement of Purpose: Maintain awareness of local, state, and federal issues and facilitate information sharing and public awareness among members and citizens. Promote interest and involvement in the elective and governmental process. Encourage and enhance community leadership.
Governmental Affairs Programs:
- Cracker Barrel Sessions. Members enjoy Saturday morning discussing key legislation with local legislators during the legislative session. These sessions provide an excellent opportunity to stay informed of bills that impact area businesses and farmers.
- Leadership Mitchell. Leadership Mitchell is a leadership development program for any citizen of the Mitchell area and is designed to identify opportunities and prepare participants to develop personal and professional skills, to identify opportunities and prepare participants for future service and leadership, to help existing leaders sharpen their leadership skills, and to motivate individuals to take an active role in community affairs.
- Legislative Preview, Review, and Forums. Events provide a discussion of important business issues to be addressed during the South Dakota Legislative session.
Statement of Purpose: Assist and promote health service-related member businesses to each other and the community.
Health Services Programs:
- Health & Wellness Fair: The Annual Health and Wellness Fair, offers a variety of health screenings, promotion of physical activity, nutrition, and healthy life style choices.
- Frozen Foot 5K: Get your COLD racing gear on and enjoy a brisk 5K.
Statement of Purpose: Implements member strategies; investment/benefits audits, education opportunities to build business for members.
Statement of Purpose: Provide young professionals in the Mitchell area with opportunities to develop socially & professionally.
The Network's Programs:
- Networking After Hours: Held quarterly from 5-7 pm at different Chamber Member businesses. These happy hour events provide a casual atmosphere in which you can Network and build relationships amongst Mitchells’ growing young professional community.
- Networking Lunch: Held monthly at different Chamber Member businesses. This is a great opportunity for young professionals in Mitchell to meet, interact, socialize and Network with a different topic each month.
- My Biggest Break: Held each November at Logan Luxury Theatre. This is an opportunity to listen to two of Mitchell’s finest business leaders share their “Biggest Career Break” and Network with others.